Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Back to NZ

Project is over, I myself am already missing the fellowship of Summer Beach Project, and now realise how much wonderful community we had there!

I have learnt and been challenged personally about what life Jesus calls me to live.  I am exited to know that he is with me in whatever I do, and that He is faithful!  Uni Impact did so well this beach project, and key characters like Grant, Richard, Matt and Dan helped us all so much by being personal and real and challenging us beyond our comfort.

The outreach was my favourite part.  Seeing how the lost were keen to hear the message of Christ and to think about it, or read more about it was very encouraging.  It is great to suffer our own comfort to do the work of God, and it is such a great food! (John 4v34)  Me and Gary found it a challenge to go to the skatepark to talk to the youth there, and to be a presence.  As dorky as we felt, it was a great experience for us, and the burden for lost souls has only grown more.  We shared with Jesse, Lawrence, Mark, and Clyde, and if anyone is reading this thing, please pray for these guys that they would read more and hunger to 'taste and see that the Lord is good' - Psalm 34v8


Was back home after Church the other night, thinking how am I going to apply this and really struggling, but saw a man sitting alone.  Talked to him about this and that and then He said he didn't know anyone.. Shared with Him 2 ways to live (Evangelical tract from SBP) and He was delighted to hear the hope that God offers, and was challenged to continue to search and find out more about God through his Word.  God certainly rebuked my thoughts and I am delighted that He taught me that night that there is much application in New Zealand for our learning time over in SBP.

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us.  Your prayers have been effective, as God has been working so much so in our hearts and minds.

Yours in the family of Christ,

Chris


 

No comments:

Post a Comment